Sunday, December 29, 2013

Daily Words

Today got 753 words on "Half Life" in 15 minutes (used the Google Timer). Up to 3755 on this story.

Will probably hit my original prediction of about 5000. Most likely I'll revise it down to 3500. I think that's a good space for this one. So looking forward to revision.

In other news, waiting for any notes or material on my Shotgun Honey acceptance. Pretty excited to be accepted. It's a fun read. I'm a huge fan fiction of 1000 words or less. I like the confines of the space. When you pare a story down to 100-1000 words, you have make some really hard choices and really think about how much you can pack into a single word.

Every noun and verb really has to pull its weight. It's lean. It's snappy (thinking of Tom Hanks in That Thing You Do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment